Nothing says summer like a cold glass of Honey Lemonade with Mint. Perfect for any day of the year that you want a taste of sunshine.
School has started but I’m still in summer mode. I love summer vacation. I think it’s such a great time for everyone, kids and parents, to recover from the craziness of the school year.
One summer bucket list item that my kids got to fulfill was a make shift lemonade stand at the park. Yes, we made HOMEMADE lemonade. Not that powder stuff.
It was all last minute, so I mixed up some of this honey lemonade with mint.
Why this recipe is so awesome
Making lemonade certainly isn’t ground breaking or something unheard of. So it seems silly to be writing all about it. But when you make it from scratch for the first time, I admit I google it to find the right ratio of water-lemon juice-sweetener.
But honestly, your lemonade is only as good as the the taste buds enjoying it. There is definitely a lot of personal preference guiding you to making honey lemonade.
My family loves lemons and loves the taste of lemons in our lemonade. So our version is mildly sweet. If it is too sour for you, then by all means, add more honey!
There is no right or wrong way to make lemonade – well, there could be a wrong way if you are a die hard lemonade drinker! I wanted to use honey as a sweetener for our lemonade because it is a natural sweetener.
Also, we suffer from seasonal allergies. Pollen is not a friend to me or my kids. By exposing us to locally made honey, this helps desensitize us from local pollen.
Did you know that high quality honey is rich in antioxidants? Don’t get me wrong. Honey is still a sugar, but I like to use it instead of white table sugar whenever I can.
And our lemonade stand?
Our marketing plan was not sound. The employees ate most of the inventory. Then we found friends at the playground and just donated the rest to them to enjoy.
But it was fun and memories were made. And that is EXACTLY what summer is all about, in my opinion.
Ingredients you need
- Lemons: Freshly squeezed lemon juice is the base for a delicious homemade lemonade. Slices of lemons are also added to the pitcher of lemonade as garnish.
- Honey: You can use any type of honey to sweeten this lemonade. From clover honey to strawberry honey or any other variety you like.
- Fresh mint: Fresh mint is a must and should not be replaced with dried mint.
1. Combine water and lemon juice in a large pitcher.
2. In a bowl whisk together warm water and honey until combined. Stir the honey mixture into the pitcher.
3. Stir in lemon slices and mint. Refrigerate for at least one hour before serving.
- 6 cup water
- 1 ½ cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- ⅓ cup honey
- 1 lemon, sliced into thin rounds
- 2 sprigs of fresh mint
- Combine water and lemon juice in a large pitcher.
- In a bowl whisk together warm water and honey until combined.
- Stir the honey mixture into the pitcher.
- Stir in lemon slices and mint.
- Refrigerate for at least one hour before serving.
Serving Size:1 cup
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 55Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 20mgCarbohydrates: 15gFiber: 1gSugar: 12gProtein: 0g
PS If you try this recipe, why not leave a star rating in the recipe card right below and/or a review in the comment section further down the page? I always appreciate your feedback.
You can also follow me on Pinterest, Facebook or Instagram. Sign up for my eMail list, too!