Take your summer time favorite lemonade to a whole new level with this Roasted Grape Lemonade.
In a world where it seems that bad news is everywhere you turn, we sometimes have to look harder for the rays of sunshine. One of those beaming rays of light is Alex’s Lemonade Stand. Since its inception, Alex’s Lemonade Stand has raised over $80 million for childhood cancer, and has funded more than 450 research projects at 94 institutions.
They also help families struggling with childhood cancer through a Travel Fund and an annual Educational Symposium.
Over the weekend, San Diego Food Bloggers were cooking with lemonade to support Alex’s Lemonade Stand. Check out their lemony recipes and make a difference. You can donate here to support the good folks at Alex’s Lemonade Stand.
My lemony recipe is this Roasted Grape Lemonade. Melissa’s Produce sent me Muscato grapes, along with lemons and limes to support this cause. These Muscato grapes are incredibly flavorful and aromatic. They are also commonly used for wine.
These aren’t your ordinary table grapes.
And this isn’t your ordinary lemonade.
Got lemon fever? Check out my recipe for Blackberry Lemonade:
- 9 oz Muscato grapes
- 1/2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cup lemon juice
- 4 cup water
- 6 TBS granulated sugar
- Preheat oven or toaster oven to 400ºF.
- In a large bowl, combine grapes and olive oil. Toss until coated evenly.
- Place grapes in one layer onto a baking sheet and roast until grapes soften, about 10 minutes.
- In the meantime, place lemon juice, water and sugar in a large pitcher and stir until combined.
- When grapes have roasted, add to the lemonade.
- Refrigerate until chilled and flavors have melded, about 4 hours.
Serving Suggestions: Serve as is or add your favorite spirits to make a divine cocktail.
Cooking Tips: Use a lime or lemon flavored olive oil.