These colorful Chicken Teriyaki Buddha Bowls are easy to prepare and packed with delicious vegetables and served over brown rice. Sponsored by Crazy Cuizine.
I love taking care of my family and cooking for them. When they were toddlers and had frustrating taste buds to contend with, I would double down and find new foods for them to try. As the kiddos grew up, the food challenges evolved.
Today I have teenagers. Do you have any idea how much teenage boys eat?! The pots of soup I make every week are now GIANT pots. And despite making homemade lunches, dinners and snacks for them, there is never enough food around to satisfy these endless appetites.
Sometimes, I need quick meals that are easy for anyone to whip up because this family of five has a ridiculous schedule of extra curricular activities to manage. I need easy meals that can be a hearty lunch, a satisfying dinner or even an in-between meal to curb the hangry teens before dinner.
And that’s why I always have something in the freezer when I don’t have time to cook a fully homemade meal.
These Chicken Teriyaki Buddha Bowls are a terrific way to feed the family when time is short. I used Crazy Cuizine Teriyaki Chicken which was super easy to heat up in the microwave or pan. My kids absolutely love brown rice, so I use that as the base of these chicken teriyaki bowls.
Buddha Bowls are basically grain bowls packed with vegetables and a protein. For the grain, you can use white rice, brown rice, quinoa or any other grain you like. When I make my bowls, I pack them with as many colorful vegetables that I can find. For these bowls I used purple cabbage, carrots, snow pea pods and radishes.
I do not cook the vegetables, because we like them on the crispy side. The steamy hot rice and chicken teriyaki will warm up the shredded vegetables, but they will still retain the crunch we love. Garnish with green onions and sprouts, and you have a satisfying and delicious meal that is super easy to prepare.
- 1 Box 18 - 20 oz (or ½ of a 38 - 40 oz clubstore box) Crazy Cuizine Teriyaki Chicken (frozen)
- 1 ½ cups brown rice (uncooked)
- 3 cups water
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup shredded cabbage, red or green
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 16 snow pea pods
- 2 radishes, chopped
- 2 green onions, sliced
- ¼ cup sprouts
- In a medium sized pot add brown rice, water and salt.
- Bring rice to a boil, reduce heat to low, cover and cook until water is absorbed and rice is done, about 45 minutes.
- Place a pan over medium high heat and add Crazy Cuisine Teriyaki Chicken.
- Cook chicken for 6 minutes or until hot, then add all of the Teriyaki Sauce and cook for 1 additional minute.
- Divide steamed rice into 4 bowls and top with teriyaki chicken.
- Arrange carrots, snow peas and radishes in the bowls with the chicken.
- Top with green onions and sprouts.
Serving Size:1 bowl
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 1243Total Fat: 33gSaturated Fat: 9gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 20gCholesterol: 351mgSodium: 4495mgCarbohydrates: 83gFiber: 21gSugar: 42gProtein: 147g
Disclosure: I received a stipend to develop a recipe for Crazy Cuizine Teriyaki Chicken. The story I have written is all true, and the opinions are truly mine. If I didn’t like it, I wouldn’t blog about it.