Whether you need a snack while watching the big game or you need a quick weeknight meal, these Chicken Drumsticks with Chipotle Glaze fit the bill.
There is something sinful about sticky, finger-licking finger foods. I’m not one that likes super sweet dinners, but I do love the sweet and sour combination. Whether it’s for wings, thighs or drumsticks, this sweet and spicy chipotle glaze is a keeper.
I made these for my family, and despite my husband not being a fan of hot and spicy, he had to admit that these drumsticks were amazing. The heat comes from chipotle chile in adobo sauce.
It comes in a little can and this stuff is magical. It’s sweet, a little spicy and nice and smokey, too. And a little bit packs a ton of fabulous flavor. You only need a couple of tablespoons for the marinade. If you want more heat, by all means add some more!
I was crazy about the sauce, so I loved these drumsticks with some sticky brown rice. A nice coleslaw would also help offer a great cooling contrast to the smokey heat of the chicken. Add some chips, guacamole and a margarita and it’s a happy time.
- 1 1/2 lb chicken drumsticks
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 3 TBS soy sauce
- 2 TBS honey
- 2 TBS chipotle chile in adobo sauce
- Preheat oven to 400ºF.
- In a large bowl whisk together lime juice, soy sauce, honey and chipotles.
- Add chicken to sauce and toss to coat.
- Let chicken marinate for 10 minutes at room temperature.
- Arrange the chicken on a roasting pan coated with cooking spray, reserving marinade. Bake for 15 minutes.
- Place reserved marinade in a blender, and process until smooth.
- Place puréed marinade in a small saucepan.
- Bring to a boil, and cook 3 minutes.
- Brush chicken with half of cooked sauce.
- Return chicken to oven and bake an additional 10 minutes.
- Brush chicken with remaining sauce.
- Bake an additional 10 minutes or until a meat thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the drumstick registers 165°F.
- Transfer to a platter and serve.
Serving Suggestions: Great for dinner or use chicken wings and serve as an appetizer.
Recipe adapted from Cooking Light, June 2010.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Serving Size:2 drumsticks
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 335Total Fat: 10.3gSaturated Fat: 2.6gCholesterol: 152mgSodium: 978mgCarbohydrates: 11.1gFiber: 1.2gSugar: 9gProtein: 48.1g