I am so excited today to be part of a movement, the #SundaySupper movement. The idea is to bring the family together for a home-cooked meal on Sunday. When I was little, we would go to my grandmother’s house for the weekly meal. You could smell her delicious cooking while you were walking up to her apartment. Today, the hubby, kids and I get together with our extended family at least once a week to share a meal, making great memories for my kids. Getting the family together to share a meal has always been a passion of mine, so I was super excited when Isabel from Family Foodie invited me to join her and many other bloggers for #SundaySupper.
And today’s Simple and Fresh Summer Recipes for #SundaySupper is even more special. LAND O LAKES® invited the group to sample their newest butter, Olive Oil & Sea Salt, to feature in our meal today. All week on our Facebook page, the #SundaySupper group shared their recipe ideas, making me hungry and drooling all over my keyboard. And since I was new to the group, I wanted to make something extra-special.
As I shared with you before, my eldest just graduated from elementary school. His favorite food is red meat. “I’m a carnivore, Mommy, like T-Rex!” he would roar to me when he was 5 years old. In the past couple of years, he discovered that he likes mushrooms. So, in honor of my growing baby boy and his ever-evolving taste buds, I decided to make Flank Steak with Garlic & Wild Mushrooms. The sauce would be made using LAND O LAKES® Butter with Olive Oil & Sea Salt.
I was drooling before I even went shopping.
Flank Steak is a terrific cut of meat to use when you are in a hurry. It’s a thinner cut of meat, but still full of flavor and not overly expensive as the premium cuts. This is great when you are feeding a family of five! I used a 2lb slab of meat and cut it in half, for faster even cooking.
With our 13 year old grill out of commission, I decided to pan sear the steak using my grill pan and my new butter.
Flank takes about 15-20 minutes to cook, so I quickly chopped my mushrooms while it cooked. I used white button, shitake, oyster and enoki for this meal.
When the steaks were ready, I let them rest on the serving platter and melter more butter. Then, I added the meatier white button & shitake mushrooms to cook first.
Next came the oyster mushrooms and some garlic.
I removed the pan from heat, added a dab more of butter, a little Worcestershire sauce and quickly stirred in the enoki. I poured the buttered mushrooms over the flank steaks and garnished with fresh thyme and green onions. You can find the full recipe here.
Super easy for a SIMPLE AND FRESH SUMMER meal during the week or for #SundaySupper.
And LAND O LAKES® wants you to try their new butter, too. I have two coupons to giveaway to my readers!
All you have to do is leave a comment below answering the question: What is your favorite recipe made with Butter?
Check out the other fabulous #SundaySupper dishes created by over 30 bloggers participating this week:
- Ravioli Florentine with Spinach and Butter Sauce by Hezzi-D’s Books &Cooks
- Roasted Salmon & Asparagus with grilled Garlic Bread by Daily Dish Recipes
- Steak with Blue Cheese Butter by In the Kitchen with KP
- Pasta with Roasted Asparagus and Cherry Tomatoes by Mama’s Blissful Bites
- Fettucini with Cream Sauce and Turkey Sausage by Val’s Food and or Art
- Butter Burgers by Ultra Epicure
- Bacon and Havarti Quiche by Juanita’s Cocina
- Cider Chicken with Butter Pecan Rice by Momma’s Meals
- Crusty French Bread with Sun-Dried Tomato and Parmesan Herb Butter byThe Weekend Gourmet
- Chicken Scallopini by Diabetic Foodie
- Pasta with Butter Thyme Sauce by Magnolia Days
- Chicken Tikka Masala by Melissa Likes to Eat
- White Bean Ragout with Grilled Garlic Bread by Comfy Cuisine
- Wild Raisin Nut Rice Pilaf with Olive Butter & Sea Salt by Sue’s Nutrition Buzz
- Olive Oil and Sea Salt Pan Seared Scallops with Quinoa by Big Bears Wife
- Bay Scallop Gratin by An Appealing Plan
- Buttery Sea Salt Tuna Fajitas by Family Foodie
- Sole Meniere by The Girl in the Little Red Kitchen
- Buttermilk Biscuits with Jalapeno Cheddar Butter by Damn Delicious
- Bacon Avocado Grilled Cheese Sandwich by Dinner, Dishes and Desserts
- Sage Cornbread Muffins with Cranberry Orange Butter by Cupcakes and Kale Chips
- Easy Onion Focaccia Rolls by The Meltaways
- Whole Wheat Biscuits by Cookistry
- Buttery Garlic Knots by From My Corner of Saratoga
- Herbed Cheese Bread with Pancetta and Onions by Mrs. Mama Hen
- Honey Butter Dinner Rolls by Chocolate Moosey
- Warm Balsamic Green Beans by Chip Chip Hooray
- Buttery Herbed Potatoes by The Messy Baker Blog
- Basil Butter Corn by Supper for a Steal
- Mashed Potatoes with Herb Butter and Cheese by Basic and Delicious
Disclosure: The author received a full-value coupon redeemable for LAND O LAKES® Butter with Olive Oil & Sea Salt, for recipe development and review purposes. All opinions are my own.
About LAND O LAKES® Butter with Olive Oil & Sea Salt: Land O’Lakes is expanding its popular line of half-stick butter with the introduction of LAND O LAKES® Butter with Olive Oil & Sea Salt. This new product contains wholesome ingredients: sweet cream, olive oil and sea salt. LAND O LAKES® Butter with Olive Oil & Sea Salt is an easy and convenient way to simply enhance the flavor of your favorite foods. Available in a premeasured half-stick size, this new product can be used for topping and cooking a variety of foods, combining the two ingredients consumers often combine separately when frying or sautéing foods. The delicious taste of butter and olive oil will add delicious flavor to any dish.