You won’t be missing that bottled steak sauce when you grill up steaks this time. This grilled T-Bone with Creamy Mushroom Sauce is incredible and is easy to whip up.
I am loving these long days! I do so much more in the daylight hours than I do when the sun sets! I am definitely not a night owl, as my system seems to shut down as the light disappears. Like many other families, we are finding ourselves outdoors more often and longer. And that includes supper time, too.
Our 11-year old barbecue is begging for retirement, but we keep using it. I suppose we will have replace it before the summer is through. The lighter doesn’t work anymore, the whole bottom under the grill disintegrated. If we wheel it anywhere, it will probably completely fall apart. The cover is cracked from the hot sun and cool nights. But, my man isn’t ready to part with his first real grill. You never forget your first love, I suppose!
We’ve been grilling everything this summer. Chicken, shrimp, fish, beef. I found some nice T-Bones this week and we threw it on our grill with this delicious creamy mushroom sauce. Well, we didn’t really throw it on. The poor grill IS fragile. But, you get what I mean!
My man is in charge of the fire, and I make the usual sides and sauces. If I try to do both, I usually burn the meat! So, he stays outside with the important job of cooking our meat to medium-rare and I supply him with everything else. It’s a great relationship! Of course, if we got one of those fancy-schmancy grills where you can put a pan on it and barbecue, well, that would be heaven!
Grilled T-Bone with Creamy Mushroom Sauce
You won't be missing that bottled steak sauce when you grill up steaks this time. This grilled T-Bone with Creamy Mushroom Sauce is incredible and is easy to whip up.
- 2 T-bone steaks, about 10 oz each
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 2 TBS butter, unsalted
- 8 oz mushrooms, sliced
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 cup beef broth, low-sodium
- ½ teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- ¼ teaspoon rosemary, fresh, chopped
- 2 TBS heavy cream
- Bring steaks to room temperature.
- Season both sides of the meat with salt and pepper.
- Place steaks on hot grill and cook until seared, about 3 to 4 minutes. Turn steaks over and continue grilling 3 more minutes. Reduce grill heat to low and continue grilling for 5-7 more minutes for medium-rare doneness. Using a meat thermometer internal temperature should read for medium-rare, 135º-140º F and 140º-145º F for medium.
- Meanwhile, heat butter in a non-stick skillet over medium-high heat.
- When butter has melted and is foaming, add mushrooms and garlic.
- When mushrooms are soft, stir in beef broth and Worcestershire sauce.
- Reduce heat to medium and cook until sauce is reduced by half, about 5-7 minutes.
- Remove steaks from the grill and place steaks on serving platter. Cover steaks with foil, and let steaks rest 5 minutes.
- Stir rosemary and heavy cream into mushroom mixture. Cook for 2 minutes then remove from heat.
- Serve each steak with half of the mushroom sauce drizzled on top.
Serving Size:1 steak
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 605Total Fat: 46gSaturated Fat: 23gTrans Fat: 2gUnsaturated Fat: 20gCholesterol: 165mgSodium: 938mgCarbohydrates: 8gFiber: 3gSugar: 3gProtein: 39g
Thanks! We love LOVE mushrooms and always are looking at adding them to dinner!
That is one fantastic -mouthwatering T-bone steak! Wow I would love that for dinner , and that mushroom sauce looks so perfect. Thanks for sharing.