Fudge is always a welcome treat anytime of the year, but this Oreo Peppermint Fudge makes a fun and delicious homemade gift for the holidays!
There are a number ways to make the classic chocolate fudge. Some fudge recipes use heavy cream, others marshmallow cream, and even others sweetened condensed milk. And fudge purists will be more than happy to tell you which version is the best.
I have made fudge using all of these different versions and they all turned out delicious. For this Oreo Peppermint Fudge, I decided to keep it simple, using only 4-ingredients.
Ingredients for Oreo peppermint fudge
That’s right, this peppermint fudge recipe has only 4-ingredients and required just a few hours to set in the refrigerator and you’ve got this dreamy fudge ready to serve or pack up for gifts.
What are the 4 ingredients? White chocolate chips, sweetened condensed milk, Oreos and peppermint candy canes or mints. That’s it.
How to make Oreo peppermint fudge
It’s such a simple recipe that I’m finding myself at a loss for words on what else to talk about!! Simply heat up the sweetened condensed milk slowly over medium heat. Lower heat and then stir in the white chocolate chips.
I can attest to the fact that melting white chocolate can be a real pain-in-the-you-know-what. My first bag turned into a goopy mess and refused to melt.
After examining the bag, I realized that the white chocolate chips were over 3-years old. Yeah, who keeps chocolate that old and untouched?!!
I quickly returned to the store and purchased all new ingredients, and everything turned out beautifully. So yes, do not use 3-year old chocolate for this recipe.
Once the chips have melted into the sweetened condensed milk, add crushed Oreos and peppermints and mix it in. Pour everything into an 8×8-inch pan and top with more crushed Oreos and peppermints.
You do need to let this set in the refrigerator for 4-6 hours to harden. If you’re very impatient (see me waving my hand?!) then place it in the freezer and it should set in 1-2 hours.
What size pan do I need for Oreo Peppermint Fudge?
For the peppermint fudge pictured in this post, I pour the mixture into a smaller dish (a 6×6 pan) because I wanted big fat fudge chunks. But in all honesty, they turned out too big for normal serving size.
Yes, too big even for me, the admitted chocoholic. So pour everything into an 8×8 pan, refrigerate until hardened, and then cut into small squares (as big or as small as you want)
Eat them in private, away from young children who want to take your fudge away from you, or wrap them up to give as gifts.
Oreo Peppermint Fudge Printable Label
And speaking of gifts, I made another free printable label for your Oreo peppermint fudge! I’m a graphic designer at heart and love making cute labels for the foodie gifts I share here with you. Click here for the free printable label.
Checkout my other free printables here!
Video for Oreo peppermint Fudge
If you don’t believe how easy it is to whip up this fudge, I made a video for you. It really is a simple recipe and makes a fabulous gift or treat to share at a holiday party.
Happy Holidays from my family to yours. Wishing you a magical year ahead!
- 1 14-oz can sweetened condensed milk
- 12 oz white chocolate chips
- 21 oreos
- 4 candy canes
- Lightly grease and line 8x8-inch baking dish with parchment paper.
- Place a small pot inside a larger pot filled partially with water to make a double boiler. In the top pot, add sweetened condensed milk.
- When sweetened milk is warm, stir in white chocolate chips.
- Heat the pot over low heat to gently melt the chocolate, stirring constantly to prevent burning.
- Place 20 Oreos in a resealable bag.
- In another small bag add 3 candy canes.
- Seal bags and using a rolling pin or flat side of a meat tenderizer, crush Oreos and candy canes.
- Stir in crushed Oreos and peppermint into the white chocolate mixture.
- Pour chocolate mixture into the prepared baking dish, gently tapping the dish to smooth out the fudge surface and to remove air bubbles.
- Top fudge with 1 crushed Oreo and 1 crushed candy cane.
- Refrigerate fudge for 4-6 hours to set.
- Lift the paper containing the fudge out of the pan and cut fudge into 1-inch pieces or desired other size. Dip your knife into a glass filled with hot water between slices if it is starting to stick to the fudge.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Serving Size:1 piece of fudge
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 204 Total Fat: 9g Saturated Fat: 5g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 2g Cholesterol: 11mg Sodium: 81mg Carbohydrates: 30g Fiber: 0g Sugar: 26g Protein: 3g