The classic Mediterranean Garden Vegetable Dip gets a twist with the addition of feta cheese and Greek yogurt. And don’t forget the fresh herbs and veggies!
Yes, I like football. No, I’m not a fanatic. Yes, I like watching the big game. No, I could care less about the Super Bowl commercials. What?! Yeah, I know. So many people say they watch the game because of the commercials. But I was in advertising. I am sick of ads and commercials. I like Super Bowl parties because of the food. Hell, I like parties in general because of the food! Isn’t it always about the food?
So what is classic football watchin’ grub?
You gotta have wings or pizza or both. Definitely a salty snack like chips or Pretzel Crisps. Of course you have to have some kind of dip. My personal favorite is my white queso. I could inhale the whole bowl.
This time around I went a little healthier on a classic, the Garden Veggie Dip. Low-fat cream cheese, some feta and a bit of Greek yogurt. Mixed in with oodles of fresh herbs, garlic and veggies. A Mediterranean twist on an American favorite.
- 8 oz cream cheese, room temperature
- 4 oz feta cheese
- 1/4 cup yogurt, plain Greek
- 1 small carrot, finely chopped
- 1 celery stalk, finely chopped
- 1/4 red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 TBS chives, finely chopped
- 2 TBS basil, fresh, finely chopped
- 2 TBS mint, fresh, finely chopped
- 1/8 tsp black pepper, ground
- In a bowl whisk together cream cheese, feta cheese, yogurt with a hand blender until smooth.
- Whisk in carrot, celery, red bell pepper, garlic, chives, basil, mint and black pepper.
- Cover and refrigerate for 4 hours or until ready to serve.
Serving Suggestions: Serve with pretzels, chips or an assortment of fresh vegetables like carrots, celery, radishes and cauliflower.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 214Total Fat: 17gSaturated Fat: 11gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 56mgSodium: 311mgCarbohydrates: 10gFiber: 0gSugar: 6gProtein: 6g
Disclosure: Thanks to the folks at Pretzel Crisps for sending me a terrific goody bag filled to the rim with every flavor of Pretzel Crisps. My kids totally inhaled most of them! I was not compensated in any other way to write this post.