These Cheesy Crab Stuffed Mushrooms are over-flowing with cheesy crab goodness. And they are easy to make, too!
I love mushrooms. Well, that’s an understatement. I absolutely adore anything and everything with mushrooms. And stuffed mushrooms? I haven’t met a stuffed mushroom that I could resist. Stuffed with spinach, sausage, artichokes… you name it, I positively love it.
Stuffed mushrooms make the perfect party appetizer because they are bite sized, in their own edible container, and you can make a platter full without much work and fuss on your end.
This crab stuffing are seriously cheesy and full own with flavor: crab meat, bread crumbs, mozzarella, dijon mustard, parmesan cheese, parsley and lemon juice. You can make them spicy with hot sauce, or keep them mild and omit them.
I could seriously eat this entire platter, these crab mushrooms were THAT good. Now I made this with REAL crab and not that sweet fish artificial crab. You CAN use the artificial crab, don’t get me wrong. Just be sure to shred the artificial crab as it tends to be big and clumpy.
Mushroom caps make wonderful shells, whether you are making mini-pizzas or stuffing them with spinach and artichokes or baking eggs in them. Have you ever made a quiche inside a big portobello mushroom shell? Soooo good!
- 16 large baby portabella mushrooms, stems removed
- 6 oz lump crab meat, canned
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs, seasoned, divided
- 1/4 cup mozzarella cheese
- 2 TBS dijon mustard
- 3 TBS Parmesan cheese, divided
- 2 TBS parsley, American, chopped
- 1 TBS lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp hot sauce
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp black pepper, ground
- 1 1/2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat oven to 375ºF.
- Grease a small baking sheet with cooking spray and set aside.
- Using a damp paper towel gently clean the mushrooms of any dirt or debris.
- In a small bowl, mix together crab meat, 1/4 cup breadcrumbs, mozzarella, mustard, 2 TBS parmesan, parsley, lemon juice, hot sauce, salt and pepper.
- Stuff crab filling evenly among the mushroom caps.
- In another small bowl, mix together remaining breadcrumbs, extra virgin olive oil and 1 TBS parmesan.
- Top each mushroom evenly with bread crumb mix and bake mushrooms for 40 minutes, until filling is bubbly and tops are browned.
Serving Size:2 mushrooms
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 52Total Fat: 2gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 13mgSodium: 192mgCarbohydrates: 5gFiber: 1gSugar: 1gProtein: 5g