Whether you are watching the big game or you just want a snack, this Hatch Chile Dip will satisfy you and your guests.
Yes, I am well aware that football season has not officially started. But my boys are already in the football mood with the preseason games and playing Fantasy Football with their cousins.
Since my husband and I do not let these young brains play contact football, we stick with flag football. Oh yeah, fall is hear and football fever has hit my house!
From now ’til the end of the season, we will be rotating from our house to another watching the games, hanging with friends and family and eating, eating, eating. Luckily, the kids get a little bored during the game and they run out to play a quick football game, imitating the players they know and admire.
It is still Hatch Chile season! I’ve used the last of my mild Hatch chile’s from Melissa’s Produce to whip up this dip. I made it right before a picnic I was supposed to attend and wasn’t too impressed with it.
I stuck it in the fridge and forgot about it. Then 3-4 days later I remembered my dip and tasted it again. Totally different! A few days of letting the flavors meld together made a huge difference.
- 2 hatch chiles, mild or spicy
- 5 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup yogurt, plain Greek
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- Wash chiles and pat dry.
- Heat a non-stick skillet over medium high heat and place chile inside
- Cook chile and turn chile over until all sides are browned, about 15 minutes.
- Place hot chile in a thick heat-proof bag and loosely fold over to close.
The steam will continue to "cook" the chile and do not remove from the bag until it is cool enough to touch, about 90 minutes.
- Peel the chile, remove the seeds and dice.
- In a medium-sized bowl, place cream cheese, yogurt and mayonaise. Whip together with a hand-blender until smooth.
- Mix in chopped hatch chiles and garlic.
- Cover the dip and refrigerate over night or up to 5 days. The hatch chile flavor enhances the longer the dip refrigerates.
- Serve dip at room temperature.
Serving Suggestions: Serve with vegetables or your favorite dipping chip!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 158Total Fat: 15gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 28mgSodium: 140mgCarbohydrates: 4gFiber: 0gSugar: 2gProtein: 2g