I don’t host too many giveaways. It’s not that I don’t love you. I sincerely haven’t had the time to work on them! Plus, a lot of the products and promotions that fill up my email box are not all items I believe in. I am very particular with who I endorse or support. For example, I am a HUGE believer in Box Tops For Education. Most of the times, you collect box tops from the items you would already buy. How easy is that? And we all know the state of our schools. They are in a mess financially, and every little penny helps. Last year, your contributions earned more than $59 million for America’s schools!
Betty Crocker is a proud supporter for Box Tops for Education. Yes, I tend to do most of my baking from scratch. But, let’s keep a little secret, okay? Those boxed baking mixes are pretty darn good, and they really do help you in a pinch. Got a bake sale? A teacher’s luncheon? A soccer party to host? Need a quick dessert that won’t break the bank or your budget?
You can bake it straight up or kick up the WOW-factor with your boxed mix by adding to it. And that’s something I did here.
The great debate of brownie versus chocolate chip cookie is over! I’ve made these Chocolate Chip Cookie Brownies both from scratch and from the box. Both times I scored with my taste-testers. For that instant I-gotta-have-something-amazing-full-of-chocolate urges, you only need one box of Family-Size Betty Crocker Brownie Mix (the one for a 13×9 pan) and a 30-oz tube of refrigerated chocolate-chip cookie dough.
Mix the brownies first and bake it for 15 minutes, then sprinkle the cookie pieces over it and bake for an additional 15-20 minutes, or until the chocolate-chip cookies are golden brown. As with most bars, it’s best to line your pan with foil and grease it for easy removal.
Easy Peasy. Super Delish!
- 1 box of brownie mix (13x9 Family Size)
- 30 oz tube of refrigerated chocolate chip cookie dough
- Preheat oven to 350ºF or temperature designated on brownie box mix.
- Line a 13x9-inch baking pan with foil and coat with non-stick spray.
Combine ingredients listed on brownie mix.
- Pour mixture into prepared pan and bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and cover the semi-cooked brownies with cookie dough broken off into pieces.
- Return to the oven and bake for an additional 15-20 minutes, until chocolate chip cookie dough is done and slightly browned at the edges.
- Allow bars to cool in the pan to room temperature before removal, about 2 hours.
- Cut into small squares and serve.
Serving Suggestions: Serve alone or with a scoop of ice cream!
Serving Size:1 bar
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 165Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 2mgSodium: 117mgCarbohydrates: 22gFiber: 1gSugar: 13gProtein: 1g