Can’t decide between brownies or chocolate chip cookies? Why choose? Enjoy both with these easy Brookies: Brownie and Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars.
When you have kids, you find yourself participating in a number of different activities. From class parties to soccer team parties to birthday parties, kids love celebrating their milestones with family and friends.
Whether it’s a holiday class party or celebrating the end of the school year, I am always baking something for my kids and their classmates. And with the many extra curricular activities that my three kids have, there is always something to celebrate.
Why this recipe is so awesome
There are two desserts that my family is always requesting: brownies and chocolate chip cookies. Cakes have frosting and funny enough, my kids aren’t frosting fans – go figure. But brownies and chocolate chip cookies are always welcome in my family.
I bake a lot, to say the least. I have baked brownies from scratch, even making cheesecake brownies, which combines another two favorite desserts into one. When I need to make a large batch of chocolate chip cookies, I love the ease of these sheet pan chocolate chip cookie bars.
The beauty of these bars is that they combine our two favorites into one dessert bar. If you haven’t heard of a brookie, boy have you been missing out! These brownie and chocolate chip cookie bars offer a chocolatey brownie base that is topped with chocolate chip cookies.
Normally, I would offer up a recipe from scratch. But even a food blogger looks for quick recipes and short cuts to make life easier. The beauty of this recipe, is that you can whip up these brookies in a flash by using store bought brownie mix and refrigerated chocolate chip cookie dough.
We’ve all been hit with last minute dinner guests and oops, I forgot I signed up to bring a dessert to tomorrow’s class party! These no stress easy brookies will not only be a big hit with your fan base, they will also be a breeze to make.
Ingredients you need
- Box of brownie mix (13×9 Family Size): You will also need the ingredients needed to make these brownies like eggs, water and oil.
- 30 oz tube of refrigerated chocolate chip cookie dough: Luckily, these are already mixed and ready for you to bake.
1. Add ingredients listed on brownie mix box and mix until batter is combined.
2. Pour mixture into a 13×9-inch baking pan that is greased and lined with parchment paper and bake at 350ºF for 15 minutes for fudgy brownies. If you want the brownies more cooked, bake for 20-25 minutes.
3. Remove pan from oven and cover the semi-cooked brownies with cookie dough broken off into pieces.
4. Return to the oven and bake for an additional 20-25 minutes, or until chocolate chip cookie dough is done and slightly browned at the edges.
4. This is the hardest art of all! Allow bars to cool in the pan to room temperature before removal, about 2 hours. Cut into small squares and then they are ready to be enjoyed.
- 1 box of brownie mix (13x9 Family Size) plus ingredients needed to make them
- (eggs, oil and water)
- 30 oz tube of refrigerated chocolate chip cookie dough
- Preheat oven to 350ºF or temperature designated on brownie box mix.
- Line a 13x9-inch baking pan with foil and coat with non-stick spray.
- In a mixing bowl, combine brownie mix with the eggs, water and oil required.
- Pour brownie batter into prepared pan and bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and cover the semi-cooked brownies with cookie dough broken off into pieces.
- Return to the oven and bake for an additional 15-20 minutes, until chocolate chip cookie dough is done and slightly browned at the edges.
- Allow bars to cool in the pan to room temperature before removal, about 2 hours.
- Cut into small squares and serve.
Serving Suggestions: Serve alone or with a scoop of ice cream!
Serving Size:1 bar
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 165Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 2mgSodium: 117mgCarbohydrates: 22gFiber: 1gSugar: 13gProtein: 1g
PS If you try this recipe, why not leave a star rating in the recipe card right below and/or a review in the comment section further down the page? I always appreciate your feedback.
You can also follow me on Pinterest, Facebook or Instagram. Sign up for my eMail list, too!