These Rosemary Roasted Cashews are addicting to eat and can be jarred and made into hostess gifts.
Sometimes you just want a real easy snack or appetizer. My friend, Maria, made these delicious Rosemary Roasted Cashews when we came over for dinner one lovely summer evening. My hubby and I couldn’t stop snacking on them!
When I was growing up, nuts were always served at parties. Mostly, they were the mixed nuts you got in cans or jars. During the holidays, We’d get walnuts and pecans whole in their shell and leave them out with plates and a nut cracker. After dinner, my brother and I would enjoy cracking them open and munching on them while watching t.v. or playing a game. These were the days you would make popcorn in a pot with some oil instead of the microwave!
Nuts are not only healthy for you, but they are a great source of protein. Cashews are especially tastey because they are higher in fat, but just like everything else in life: eat in moderation.
For Rosemary Roasted Cashews, you toast already roasted cashews in the oven for 5 minutes, then toss in a bowl with a little melted butter. Next add rosemary, cayenne pepper, a little brown sugar and salt and toss again. You can serve them warm or room temperature. You can even bag them up, tie a pretty ribbon on it and give as a hostess gift or add to a gift basket.
- 1 lb cashew nuts, roasted & unsalted
- 1 TBS butter, unsalted, melted
- 1 TBS kosher salt
- 2 TBS rosemary, fresh, minced
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 2 tsp brown sugar, light
- Preheat the oven to 350 °F (175°C).
- Spread cashews in one layer on a baking sheet
- Toast in the oven until warm, about 5 minutes.
- Melt butter and place in a large bowl. Add warm cashews to melted butter and toss to coat.
- In a small bowl mix together salt, rosemary, cayenne and brown sugar. Sprinkle evenly over buttery cashews. Toss to evenly coat the cashews.
- Pour into serving bowl and serve warm.
Serving Suggestions: Also great with a mixed-nut combination. If using raw cashews, roasting time will take longer, approximately 10 minutes. Watch them as they will burn quickly. Also great jarred and given as hostess gifts