Endive boats are the ultimate scoop on healthy snacking. Fill your endive boat with this refreshing raspberry cucumber salsa for guilt-free summer snacking.
I love entertaining over the summer. The weather is beautiful, the days are long and we are totally living California Casual. We meet friends at the beach for potlucks or chill out poolside and barbecue. Kids are having a blast and the adults are able to relax. I am all over easy entertaining, and the summer months are definitely about kicking back and having some fun.
Endive leaves provide beautiful dipping boats for everything: hummus, salsa, ceviche. I love using them for parties and they are certainly a healthier, fat-free gluten-free option for snacking!
I made a light raspberry cucumber salsa to fill my endive boats. A little goat cheese, jalapeño, cilantro, lime juice and extra virgin olive oil finished it off.
Light, refreshing, summer yumminess.
- 6 oz raspberries, halved
- 1 Persian cucumber, diced
- 1 tsp cilantro, fresh, diced
- 1/2 tsp jalapeño pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 Mexican lime, juiced
- 1/2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1 TBS goat cheese, crumbled
- 1 endive
- In a small bowl, carefully combine raspberries, cucumber, cilantro, jalapeño, lime juice, olive oil, salt and goat cheese.
- Wash and peel apart the leaves from endive.
- Place endive leaves on a serving plate, fill with fruit salsa and serve immediately.
Cooking Tips: Swap out raspberries for strawberries or try with peaches and blueberries.
Disclosure: I was given product for recipe development from Driscoll’s Berries, California Endive and Rios de Chile Wine to develop a recipe for National Berry Month. The opinions and stories expressed are my own. If I didn’t like it, I wouldn’t blog about it!