Fudge is always a welcome treat anytime of the year, but this Peppermint Oreo Fudge makes a fun and delicious homemade gift for the holidays!
There are a number ways to make the classic chocolate fudge. Some fudge recipes use heavy cream, others marshmallow cream, and even others sweetened condensed milk. And fudge purists will be more than happy to tell you which version is the best.
I have made fudge using all of these different versions and they all turned out delicious. For this Oreo Peppermint Fudge, I decided to keep it simple, using only 4-ingredients.
Why is this recipe so awesome?!
Fudge is one of those confectioneries that is very near and dear to my heart. A small bit of fudge can put such a big smile on my face. It’s creamy and rich and full of chocolatey goodness.
Some folks might argue white chocolate fudge is blasphemous, but I am also a white chocolate lover. Its unique flavor is still rich and creamy and makes a delicious backdrop to this Oreo fudge.
This recipe is super easy to make and only requires four ingredients. I made this fudge with both Oreos and peppermint, but if you want to omit the peppermint go ahead. I won’t be offended.
But this festive fudge is not only delicious for the holidays, but also very colorful. But be warned! If you do make this fudge recipe, everyone will inhale it, leaving no fudge leftovers.
Ingredients for Oreo peppermint fudge
- Sweetened Condensed Milk: This not only sweetens our fudge but also provides the creaminess that keeps the fudge soft and moist.
- White Chocolate Chips: Choose a high quality white chocolate or white chocolate chips.
- Oreos: You can use regular Oreos or any flavored Oreos you are fond of.
- Candy Canes: You can use peppermint candies or candy canes.
How to make Oreo peppermint fudge
1. Place Oreos in a resealable bag and place candy canes in another resealable bag.
2. Seal bags and using a rolling pin or flat side of a meat tenderizer, crush Oreos and candy canes. They don’t have to be finely crushed. Coarse bits are fine.
3. Place a small pot inside a larger pot filled partially with water to make a double boiler. In the top pot, add sweetened condensed milk and white chocolate chips.
4. Heat the pot over low heat to gently melt the chocolate, stirring constantly to prevent burning. Keep the heat low. High heat will burn the white chocolate.
5. Stir in crushed Oreos and peppermint into the white chocolate mixture.
6. Pour fudge mixture into an 8×8-inch baking dish lined with parchment paper, and gently tapping the dish to smooth out the fudge surface and to remove air bubbles.
7. Top fudge with some crushed Oreos and peppermints. Refrigerate fudge for 4-6 hours to set.
9. Lift the paper containing the fudge out of the pan and cut fudge into 1-inch pieces or desired other size. Dip your knife into a glass filled with hot water between slices if it is starting to stick to the fudge.
Oreo Peppermint Fudge Printable Label
And speaking of gifts, I made another free printable label for your Oreo peppermint fudge! I’m a graphic designer at heart and love making cute labels for the foodie gifts I share here with you. Click here for the free printable label.
Checkout my other free printables here!
Expert Tips and Recipe FAQS
If you don’t believe how easy it is to whip up this fudge, I made a video for you. It really is a simple recipe and makes a fabulous gift or treat to share at a holiday party.
- You can use regular red and white candy canes or green and white peppermints.
- For Oreos, you can choose regular Oreos or any of your favorite flavor.
Technically, white chocolate is not traditional chocolate, as it does not contain cocoa powder. It is made with cocoa butter, sugar, vanilla, lecithin and sometimes milk products.
Evaporated milk is condensed milk without added sugar. The milk is reduced by half or more, making it thick.
- 1 14-oz can sweetened condensed milk
- 12 oz white chocolate chips
- 21 oreos
- 4 candy canes
- Lightly grease and line 8x8-inch baking dish with parchment paper.
- Place a small pot inside a larger pot filled partially with water to make a double boiler. In the top pot, add sweetened condensed milk.
- When sweetened milk is warm, stir in white chocolate chips.
- Heat the pot over low heat to gently melt the chocolate, stirring constantly to prevent burning.
- Place 20 Oreos in a resealable bag.
- In another small bag add 3 candy canes.
- Seal bags and using a rolling pin or flat side of a meat tenderizer, crush Oreos and candy canes.
- Stir in crushed Oreos and peppermint into the white chocolate mixture.
- Pour chocolate mixture into the prepared baking dish, gently tapping the dish to smooth out the fudge surface and to remove air bubbles.
- Top fudge with 1 crushed Oreo and 1 crushed candy cane.
- Refrigerate fudge for 4-6 hours to set.
- Lift the paper containing the fudge out of the pan and cut fudge into 1-inch pieces or desired other size. Dip your knife into a glass filled with hot water between slices if it is starting to stick to the fudge.
Use flavored Oreos to mix things up. You can also use colorful peppermint candies, too. For thicker fudge, use a smaller pan.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Serving Size:1 piece of fudge
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 204Total Fat: 9gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 11mgSodium: 81mgCarbohydrates: 30gFiber: 0gSugar: 26gProtein: 3g
PS If you try this recipe, why not leave a star rating in the recipe card right below and/or a review in the comment section further down the page? I always appreciate your feedback.
You can also follow me on Pinterest, Facebook or Instagram. Sign up for my eMail list, too!