These grilled spicy cheese stuffed burgers turns things inside out by stuffing your burger with an incredible spicy cheese mix instead of schmearing it on top.
The calendar may say September, but it’s still summer weather here in San Diego. We are spoiled here and still have beautiful weather for pool parties and beach days. And that means it is still grilling weather, even thought here in San Diego, we have grilling weather pretty much 365 days out of the year.
Another thing about living in San Diego and having such a heavy Mexican influence in the foods you find here, we like things a little spicy! Well, I do. My husband is not a fan! But I do love these Grilled Spicy Cheese Stuffed Hamburgers.
If you don’t like super spicy foods, then you can easily ease back on the hot sauce. But otherwise, these spicy cheese stuffed hamburgers are really something special. You mix together some cream cheese, sharp cheddar cheese and hot sauce to create the cheese stuffing for your burgers.
Each burger will get a disc of this cheese mix stuffed inside of it. Assembly is easy. Take two thin patties of ground beef, placing a cheese disc in between the meat patties. Then you scrimp and seal the cheese between the two patties.
Now that your meat patties are all assembled, it’s grilling time. Feel free to grill them over fire, or indoors in a hot pan. Either way, everyone is going to love the cheesy surprise tucked inside these juicy burgers.
If your burgers aren’t totally sealed, some of the cheesy goodness will leak out. The burgers can also separate if they aren’t sealed well, so pay attention to that scrimping process. It’s important.
I’m a big fan to the fatburger, and these beauties are fat and delicious. I’m a huge fan of the spicy cheesy center and I hope you will be, too!
Keep grillin’ while the weather permits it!
- 1 1/3 lb ground sirloin
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 2 oz softened cream cheese
- 1/4 cup extra sharp shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 tsp hot sauce
- 4 hamburger buns
- In a medium-sized bowl, mix together ground meat, onions, garlic, paprika, salt and pepper with your hands.
- Cover bowl and let meat rest for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl mix together cream cheese, shredded cheddar and hot sauce.
- Separate the meat into 4 even balls.
- Grab one ball and separate to form two smaller balls.
- Flatten each of the smaller balls into approximately 1/4-inch thick discs.
- Scoop out a tablespoon of the cheese mixture and press it lightly in the center of one of the discs.
- Lay the other disc of meat over the cheese and pinch the ends of the two meat discs together. Use water to seal the seams.
- Repeat with the other 3 remaining balls of meat.
- Heat grill to medium-hight heat and lightly oil grate with oil.
- Grill the burgers until desired doneness, approximately 10 minutes each side for medium.
- Serve finished burgers in hamburger buns and garnish with your favorite burger toppings!
You can make it low carb by wrapping the burgers in iceberg lettuce leaves.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Serving Size:1 burger
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 562Total Fat: 27gSaturated Fat: 12gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 12gCholesterol: 156mgSodium: 756mgCarbohydrates: 26gFiber: 1gSugar: 5gProtein: 50g