Move over spinach and artichoke dip, you’ve got to try this Garlic Spinach Dip with Hearts of Palm.
If I had to choose my favorite type of meal, you’d be surprised to hear that dessert is not my top pic. It’s appetizers. I love snacking on food, bite-sized treats that let you fill up, little by little, on an assortment of foods and flavors. I especially love dips, cheesy-gooey dips.
We’ve all seen variations of spinach artichoke spinach dips. I even have an easy creamy artichoke dip. All are delicious with salty tortilla chips. YUM! Talking about it makes me want to whip up a batch right now!!
I was thrilled when I found this recipe for Garlic Spinach Dip with Hearts of Palm. My family loves pickled stuff, so we always have artichoke hearts, olives and hearts of palm in the fridge. I couldn’t wait to try this dip out.
It’s easy to make, and you can assemble it a day in advance. Everyone loved it. And the hearts of palm taste fantastic with the cheese and spinach!
Now which one should I choose to be my favorite???
- 5 oz mozzarella cheese, shredded (1 1/4 cups)
- 2 oz asiago cheese, grated (1/4 cup), divided
- 1/2 cup fat-free sour cream
- 1 TBS garlic clove, minced
- 14 oz canned hearts of palm, drained & chopped
- 10 oz spinach, frozen, chopped, thawed, drained & squeezed dry
- 8 oz low-fat cream cheese, softened
- 6 1/2 oz package of garlic & herb spreadable cheese, such as Alouette Light
- Preheat oven to 350º F.
- Grease a 1 1/2-quart casserole dish with nonstick spray. Set aside.
- In a large bowl combine mozzarella cheese, half of the asiago cheese, sour cream, garlic, hearts of palm, spinach, cream cheese, and garlic & herb spreadable cheese. Stir well to thoroughly combine.
- Pour mixture into prepared baking dish and sprinkle remaining asiago cheese on top.
- Bake in the oven until bubbly and golden brown, about 40 minutes.
- Serve hot.
Serving Suggestions: Serve with chips, bread or vegetables.
Cooking Tips: Dip can be assembled a day in advanced and and stored, covered, in the refrigerator. Let stand at room temperature for 15 minutes before baking. To give the dip more of a kick, use pepper jack cheese instead of mozzarella.