If you’re a fan of Baileys Irish Cream, then you’ll really fall in love with these Baileys Irish Cream Cupcakes.
Although football season is officially here, Sunday is the big game day. And if you are planning on watching the games most of the day or just your favorite team, I’m offering up some great eats to go along with football fanaticism. Today we are focusing on the sweeter things in life: desserts. My favorite!
Any dessert is great for game day, but you don’t want anything too fancy or too fussy. Football eats is all about finger foods, and this pertains to desserts, as well. So bars, cookies and cupcakes are great to have out on the table for anytime snacking.
And boozy desserts are even better for football parties! And these Baileys Irish Cream Cupcakes will certainly please a crowd of football fans!
Now I am not a huge alcohol drinker. In fact, I’m a huge lightweight. I don’t care too much for the flavor of alcohol and too much puts me to sleep. But, I do appreciate Baileys Irish Cream. This recipe has Baileys in the cupcake as well as in the frosting.
The frosting is to DIE FOR. It is not the usual crappy frosting you get from grocery store cupcakes. This frosting is in a class by itself. I made these for my neighbors and we were licking our fingers clean because of that Baileys frosting. So feel free to make too much of this frosting. It’ll be a mistake worth making.
Of course this isn’t a cupcake for the kiddos, even though the alcohol content is quite minimal. But there are plenty of desserts out there for the kiddos. We need more adult only desserts in this world. And covered in Baileys frosting, too.
- 1 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup milk
- 6 tsp Baileys Irish Cream, divided
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cup powdered sugar
- 8 oz cream cheese, cold
- 2 tsp brewed coffee, cooled
- 1/2 tsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- Preheat oven to 350ºF
- Apply non-stick spray to a 12-cup muffin pan or line with paper cups.
- In a large bowl whisk together all-purpose flour, baking powder and baking soda. Set aside.
- Using a stand mixer, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Mix in vanilla extract, milk and 4 tsp Baileys Irish Cream.
- Add eggs, one at a time, scraping down bowl between additions.
- Add half of the flour mixture into butter mixture and mix until fully incorporated. Mix in the remaining half of flour mixture until just blended.
- Divide batter evenly into the prepared muffin pan and bake in the oven for 18-20 minutes, or until cupcake tops are a lightly browned.
- Let the cupcakes rest in the pan for 5 minutes, then turn out onto a cooling rack to cool completely.
- While cupcakes cool, prepare the frosting.
- Using a stand mixer with paddle attachment mix powdered sugar, cream cheese, butter, remaining 2 tsp Baileys Irish Cream, coffee, vanilla extract and cocoa powder until well combined.
- Allow frosting to chill in the refrigerator for at least 10 minutes before using on the cupcakes.
Recipe adapted from Cooking Etcetera
Serving Size:1 cupcake
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 387Total Fat: 19gSaturated Fat: 11gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 81mgSodium: 170mgCarbohydrates: 49gFiber: 0gSugar: 36gProtein: 4g