Last week I had tremendous fun teaching an olive oil cooking class with my partner Mary/California Greek Girl. We prepared three recipes: an appetizer, a salad and a dessert. Our participants were knowledgable about extra virgin olive oil, but they all told us that they learned a lot from us. We tasted beautiful extra virgin olive oil, shattered olive oil cooking myths and taught cooking techniques to our eager students.
The menu for our cooking class included:
- Warm Baked Herb Feta and Watercress Crostini
- Poached Shrimp Heirloom Tomato Salad with Burrata
- Vanilla Olive Oil Ice Cream Filo Nests
Here is a little video I put together on our class:
Mary and I will also be at 3 other Temecula Olive Oil stores for cookbook signings. Plus, we will demo our Blood Orange Olive Oil Ice Cream and hand out samples. Should be a nice treat for the warm weather!
So for our Southern California peeps, we’d love to see you:
- July 5, 2014, Olive Oil Cooking Class & Book Signing at Temecula Olive Oil, Seal Beach, CA
- June 8, 2014, Olive Oil Cooking Class & Book Signing at Temecula Olive Oil, Solana Beach, CA
- June 7, 2014, Olive Oil Cooking Class & Book Signing at Temecula Olive Oil, Old Town San Diego, CA
And the recipes will be returning to my blog in the coming week. Thank you for putting up with my cookbook distractions and hiatus from posting recipes. It has been a struggle dealing with all of the stages of self-publishing a cookbook and balancing family life.