My family loves pulled pork. It’s a staple in our menu because it’s delicious and so easy to make in the slow cooker. It is also not a tedious meal because you can add any flavors you want to the sauce. When in a pinch, I go simple with store-bought bbq sauce. But when I’m feeling creative, I make my own sauce and add orange juice, pomegranate concentrate, whiskey or countless other flavorings to make my sauce sing. And when you are dealing with a giant pork shoulder roast or pork butt roast, you are blessed with leftovers that taste BETTER the next day. But what else can you do besides make another pulled pork sandwich?
Think outside the bun, because I have compiled these 15 Leftover Pulled Pork Recipes:
- Mix it in your macaroni and cheese.
- Crown your baked potato with a scoop.
- Make a batch of pulled pork nachos.
- Try some pulled pork enchiladas.
- Stir some into your next batch of chili.
- Top your salad with some bbq goodness.
- Dollop the pork into baby lettuce cups or endive for a gluten-free treat.
- Wrap them in gyoza and make some pulled pork won tons or dumplings.
- Go one-step further and roll them with cabbage to make pulled pork egg rolls.
- Stuff it in an omelette for a cowboy breakfast.
- Combine it with queso for a game-day dip.
- Go Cajun and serve it over rice and beans.
- Enjoy it in a savory crêpe.
- Smother some over your french fries and top with cheese.
- Bake your pulled pork into a quiche.
Need a pulled pork recipe? Check these out: