My family loves pulled pork. It’s a staple in our menu because it’s delicious and so easy to make in the slow cooker. It is also not a tedious meal because you can add any flavors you want to the sauce. When in a pinch, I go simple with store-bought bbq sauce. But when I’m feeling creative, I make my own sauce and add orange juice, pomegranate concentrate, whiskey or countless other flavorings to make my sauce sing. And when you are dealing with a giant pork shoulder roast or pork butt roast, you are blessed with leftovers that taste BETTER the next day. But what else can you do besides make another pulled pork sandwich?
Think outside the bun, because I have compiled these 15 Leftover Pulled Pork Recipes:
- Mix it in your macaroni and cheese.
- Crown your baked potato with a scoop.
- Make a batch of pulled pork nachos.
- Try some pulled pork enchiladas.
- Stir some into your next batch of chili.
- Top your salad with some bbq goodness.
- Dollop the pork into baby lettuce cups or endive for a gluten-free treat.
- Wrap them in gyoza and make some pulled pork won tons or dumplings.
- Go one-step further and roll them with cabbage to make pulled pork egg rolls.
- Or, wrap them in dough to make empañadas.
- Stuff it in an omelette for a cowboy breakfast.
- Combine it with queso for a game-day dip.
- Go Cajun and serve it over rice and beans.
- Go Asian and serve it with noodles, bean sprouts, bamboo shoots and snap peas.
- Go Asian in a different way an stir it in your fried rice.
- Enjoy it in a savory crêpe.
- Smother some over your french fries and top with cheese.
- Bake your pulled pork into a quiche.
- Stuff it in an Anaheim chile, jalepeño or bell pepper!
- Still eat as a sandwich, but switch out the bread. Try tortillas, lavash, pretzel rolls, focaccia or challah.
- Heard of fried chicken and waffles? Why not pulled pork and waffles!
- Hello – pulled pork pizza!
- Bake it in phyllo to make crunchy hand pies.
I’ve collected over 150 pins on my “What to do with Pulled Pork” board over on Pinterest. From cinnamon rolls to martini glasses, risotto to frittata you will definitely find something inspiring to eat for dinner tonight! Plus, I pinned pulled pork with exotic toppings and unusual sauces. You will make sure you have leftovers the next time you make some pulled pork! You can follow me and my other pinterest boards here!
Need a pulled pork recipe? Check these out: