I became a personal trainer a little over twenty years ago. I was a dancer and used to go to the gym early morning before I ran to do my work. I used to work out on my own and most of the time I would get bored. So, I started taking classes, but then I would get discouraged and annoyed at the instructors for not showing the correct form to their clients in the class. These instructors were more interested in looking at themselves than the people who attended the classes. As a dancer, I had an idea as how forms should be and what should be a proper way of doing something. But, I realized that was not enough, so I started hiring personal trainers. By doing that I realized how far off form I was. They gave me motivation and encouragements and continuously boosted my ego in the most positive way. And, at the same time, they taught me what to do to stay interested in the exercise and not get bored. I would always show up for my sessions, specially since I had already paid for them… That in itself is a big motivation!!!!!
Soon after, I decided to become a personal trainer and afterward to become a Fitness Instructor. I also decided to hold many different certifications, which could give me and my clients a lot of flexibility, helping to train them with the activities that they like to do. I am certified in mind, body and spiritual fitness as well as physical fitness, and continuously try to get other interesting certifications and stay involved in the fitness industry.
These are some of the reasons you should think of, when pondering on the idea of hiring a personal trainer:
The benefits of working with a personal trainer is one of the fastest, easiest, most successful ways to improve your health and fitness. Their services are used by people of all fitness, age and economic levels, to help make lifestyle changes those people who could not achieve by themselves.
-A personal trainer can help you improve your overall fitness and flexibility. They will monitor your progress and fine-tune your program as you go.
-A personal trainer can help you reach and maintain a healthy weight by setting realistic goals and determine safe strategies, all while providing the encouragements you need.
-A personal trainer Trainer can provide you motivation to keep you interested enough to stick to your exercise routine and not get bored. In another words, they teach you to how to stick to your goals you have set up for yourself.
– They focus on your “Unique Health Concerns and Issues.” For example, do you have a lower back, shoulder, knee, ankle, etc …. problems? Are you rehabilitating from an injury?
– A personal trainer can help you find the right way to work out and to use the wide variety in fitness equipment. They teach you, one on one, the appropriate form and technique for cardiovascular work and free-weight training.
– They help you to stop wasting your time in the gym. To get maximum results in minimum time with a program designed specifically for you, which addresses you specific strengths and weaknesses.
– They teach you new skills by giving you individualized program which can improve your overall conditioning and develop the specific skills you need for your desired sports like, golfing, skiing, dancing, etc.
– Some personal trainers may also have different certifications in mind, body and spirit activities, such as yoga or pilates, if you are interested to enhance that part of you, as well as your physical self.
– One of the most important reasons to have a personal trainer, especially in individuals who are already fit, is the “BUDDY SYSTEM”. What could be better than making a commitment to regularly meeting with someone who will provide you with individual attention and support?
– With the right personal trainer, you can find the right exercise program that works best for you. Would you like to train at work, home, the park, next to the beach, or at the gym. The choice is yours. Are you more comfortable with a demanding program or a gentler approach? How many times a week, a month, a year and how many hours do you like to meet with your personal trainer?
You can get fit and healthy your way and take ultimate responsibility for your own health and well being.
If you are considering hiring a personal trainer, give it a try.
“YOU ARE WORTH IT!!!!”